Thursday, November 20, 2008

Handy Women

Well since moving into my own place I realized quickly how nice it was to live in furnished apartments. We moved into a duplex and if it wasn't for my parents furniture, I would have no bed or couch.


For about 2 months I used this as my dresser:





It came to the point where I needed to get myself a real dresser. Those little drawers could only hold so many panties and socks.

I looked online and found a guy in Provo who was selling this great dresser.(I talked him down $50). The picture looked great so I went down to get it. Well it came in 3 HUGE boxes. I thought...okay, I can put this together.

So I got my little tool kit out and the instructions and went to work!






There were soo many pieces. I started Monday night and got to #2 of the instructions and my hand hurt so bad from screwing. The 2nd night I got to #4. Finally, I went to my neighbor and asked if I could borrow his electric drawer. The 3rd night I finished the whole thing! The best part, I didn't need a boy to help. My blonde roommate (no offense Court) was watching and asked me, "Are girls capable of doing this?"...Brunettes are! :)


TA DA...

6 comments:

Paula said...

I am impressed!!!

Post-it Notes said...

Love it! I think you need to buy some more panties to fill it up! Good job!

The Stevens said...

Looks good, way to go.

Courtney said...

Ewwww...you would make fun of blondes! I'll have you know that we aren't all stupid! (except when I send you a text telling you that I have your phone! haha) and by the way, what did you use your neighbors electric drawer for? i think you meant screw driver. =) see...brunettes have blonde moments too!

Lorie said...

Yes, it looks great! I was impressed! Next time you should find a HOT guy with an electric drill and ask him to come and help you! (Even if you are capable of doing it yourself!)

Linda said...

Wow! I am impressed too! But agree with your Mom...where's the cute guy to help????? JK!